Weemss supports more than 160 currencies and offers automatic currency conversion if needed. The exchange rates are kept up-to-date in real-time via https://openexchangerates.org/. In most cases, especially when you are using a popular currency like USD or EUR, there’s no currency conversion. Conversion is only ever done if needed, here’s a bit more info on how this works.
When it comes to online payments, in certain situations you can have up to 3 different currencies, depending on how you’ve set up your event:
1. The Default currency you choose, when creating the event. Your prices will be displayed in this currency.
2. The payment processor’s currency. That’s the currency that the payment processor uses for all transactions.
- Automatic currency conversion happens if the Default currency of the event set in Weemss is different than the default currency of your account with the payment processor (Braintree, Stripe, PayPal, etc).
3. The currency of your client’s credit or debit card.
- Automatic currency conversion happens if the currency used by the client is different than the default currency the payment processor (Braintree, Stripe, PayPal, etc.) uses for transactions.
Weemss only does automatic conversion for transactions between your event and the payment processor. When you collect revenue from your payment processor into your bank account, the bank converts that amount into the currency of your bank account.