Once you’ve gone through all event settings it’s time to take your event out for a test drive. Testing is particularly important, especially if you’re a new Weemss user because it’s always possible that you’ve missed something and, you know, better safe than sorry!
Start the test by opening the Event webpage, which is automatically added to the event Quick links on the Dashboard. You’ll notice a message that says the event is in test mode – do not be alarmed, it’s because your awards are still in Test mode.
- Go through the process of registering one or more entries for the awards. When you’re done you should have a confirmation mail in your inbox, with a link to your registration profile where you can create, edit, and send your submissions
- Make a quick test entry and click Submit to send it for approval
- In Weemss go to the Entries section, find the newly-created test entry and approve it
- Invite yourself as an awards judge from Event settings > Judges and check your email for the confirmation and log-in details
- Log-in with your judge credentials to review and rate the submitted test entry
Important: In order to rate the test entry, both the Registration and Submission phases of the event have to be concluded, and the Judging phase – active. You can adjust the start and end times of all phases from Event settings > General. Do NOT forget to adjust the dates and times of the different awards phases after you’ve completed testing!
Your test entry will be automatically deleted when you switch to Live mode.
Did everything work as intended? If yes – congratulations, your awards are ready. Just make sure you’ve adjusted the dates and times of the different phases as they should be for the actual competition before switching to Live!